Using WriteLog in the SP DX Contest - another idea...
SP DX Contest is supported by the WriteLog contest logger thanks to additional SM6SRW contest module. The module works fine however it can't generate the Cabrillo file after the contest. So we would like to suggest another way of configuration - in our opinion more comfortable. This way of configuration is for stations from outside SP only.
In fact it is a new module (or rather one of the existing modules but recareated for our needs), which gives you new, useful featuresafter entering the callsign the voivodeship abbreviations (multipliers) are automatucally displayed in the RCVD field
after entering the callsign the name of the operator as well as the multiplier abbreviation are displayed in the Beam Headings window.
Multipliers are correctly displayed in the Band Summary window and you can generate a Cabrillo file after the contest.
There is only one inconvinience... the final score is not counted correctly now. There are no QSO points in the Cabrillo file and the final score can be counted very easy: take TOTAL (CW + SSB) from the Band Summary then multiply if by the number of multipliers and in the end multiply all by 3 (each QSO is 3 points). Such a score can be placed in the CLAIMED-SCORE line of the Cabrillo file.
So now... how to install and activate this WL module:
1. Download the file: spdxc_nosp_wl.zip. It is located at
http://spdxcontest.pzk.org.pl/files/spdxc_nosp_wl.zip. The archive contains three files:
- PolDxC.dll (the contest module file)
- sp_cty.dat (file with the names of Polish HAMs)
- MASTER_SPDXC.dta (master file with Polish call-signs only)
- spdxc_wl_help.pdf (help file - the one you are reading now)
2. Copy PolDxC.dll and sp_cty.dat files to the Programs folder in your Writelog directory (it can be c:\Writelog\Programs\ or c:\ham\Programs\ etc.).
3. Next you must register the PolDxC.dll library (it must be registered in your operating system):
- in your Windows choose Start -> Run
- type CMD and press [ENTER]: you will see a "DOS" window
- type REGSVR32.EXE C:\WriteLog\Programs\PolDxC.dll (you must type the full path to the folder where the DLL file is located - it can be completely different from what is shown here)
Next press [ETER] and a message should be displayed informing that the DLL file was successully registered (sorry - the below message is in Polish):
Next you can type exit and press [ENTER]. The "DOS" window will be closed.
4. Next go to the Programs folder in your Writelog directory and locate Reacty32.exe executable file there.
Double click or press [ENTER] on the file name to run it. You will see the following window:
Choose Convert alternative prefix database and then select sp_cty.dat from the list:
You will see some "progress" messages and in the end "ALL DONE" message will be displayed:
After the above operation a sp_cty.bin will be created in the Programs folder of your Writelog directory.
5. Next you must edit your Writelog.ini file. It is located in the Windows directory (the directory where the operating system is installed).
In the WriteLog.ini locate the section [GreatCircleLookups] and add SP_cty=SP_cty.bin there:
Save the file then.
6. Next you must edit the namednul.ini file. It is located in your Writelog/Programs folder.
Copy the following data to your file:
B=1 2 3 4 5
C=6 7 8 9
D=6 7 8 9
F=1 2 3 4 5
G=6 7 8 9
J=1 2 3 4 5
K=6 7 8 9
L=6 7 8 9
M=6 7 8 9
O=1 2 3 4 5
P=1 2 3 4 5
R=1 2 3 4 5
S=6 7 8 9
U=6 7 8 9
W=1 2 3 4 5
Z=1 2 3 4 5
7. Next run WriteLog and from the list of contests choose SPDXC (out SP) CW+PH
8. Voivodship abbreviation and name of the station will be displayed in the Beam Headings window. You can configure this window (font, colour etc). Also the Voivodship abbreviation will be automatically displayed in the RCVD field of the log.
Look at the screen-shoot above. After entering of the call and pressing [TAB] or [SPACE] the voivodship abbreviation apears in the RCVD field and in the same time the name of the operator (Krzysztof for SP7GIQ) and again voivodship abbreviation (C) are displayed in the Beam Headings window.
9. MASTER_SPDXC.dta. This file must be registered in you WL using [Setup] -> [Super Check Partial]. It will help showing only Polish call-signs in the Super Check Partial window.
And that's all. We do hope to meet you in the SP DX Contest. Thanks to Chris SP5KP for the idea of using WL this way and to Kaz SP2FAX for the help in testing.
SP DX Contest Committee